Monday, January 14, 2013

Furikake Chex Mix x Celisse

Fellow Aries, Carne Asada Fries (CAF!) lover and all around good peoples, Celisse, gives us this Furikake Chex Mix recipe. 

Posting this just in time for the end of the football season. Go sports and stuff!

Thanks for the recipe, Celisse! Brain!


Hola! Here is a Furikake Chex Mix recipe I got from one of my marathon running coaches. She made a batch for our running collective almost every week... and we were addicted to them!  

I now give this chex mix out to my friends and family around Christmas time. It's been at least 5 years since I started that. There's crack in it, and that's why people are so hooked. Everyone expects them so I guess I can't break tradition. One of my favorite things about giving these out is hearing, "I totally didn't share and ate it all to myself!" 

There are lots of variations of this recipe online but this is the one I use and has gotten 100% approval from those I've given them out to. Enjoy! 

Celisse

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
Furikake Chex Mix

Ingredients
1 box Rice Chex cereal
1 box Corn Chex cereal
2 sticks of butter
1 cup sugar
2 tsp. Shoyu
2 bottles Furikake (I use Nori Komi)
3/4 cup karo syrup
3/4 cup vegetable oil
Extra butter, pretzels, almonds, popcorn, whatever you want to add (optional)

Directions
Preheat oven to 250°F
Heat butter, karo syrup and oil in a pot.
Remove from heat and add sugar. Stir until it fully dissolves.
Pour cereal in large tin foil pans (I usually use two big ones, but I also tend to make big batches!)
Pour mixture over cereal and mix well until everything is coated.
Pour furikake over mixture and mix well. Bake in the oven for 1 hour. Mix/turn cereal over every 15 minutes. 

Note: Give the cereal another turn & mix while it is cooling. This will prevent them from sticking to each other and becoming one massive clump  =). 

No comments:

Post a Comment