Monday, February 20, 2012

Stella's Wheat-Free Banana Bread x Miri

This Wheat-Free Banana Bread comes to us via Miri. 

Miri is the only person I know personally that has actually sat onstage with and has been interviewed by Conan O'Brien. A fellow aficionado of the stand-up comedic arts, she is also a dancer, writer and Air Guitar champion.

For more on Miri, check out http://seoulsonyk.com/.

Thanks Miri!

Her recipe and related story are after the jump...


"A few years back, I injured my back very seriously and as a result of not being able to cook for myself, my skin was freaking out and my body was in poor condition. I decided to change the foods I eat in order to get my skin and body back in order and decided after some research that I needed to cut wheat and as much gluten as I could out of my diet. NYC is the best place go to on a wf/gf diet, but I had a really hard time finding anything to satisfy my dessert hankerings. I eventually found this recipe, tweaked it and making it once a week for about 6 months straight. It's great as a gift and for superbowl parties (especially ones where the Giants beat the Patriots!!!), for breakfast, or for afternoon pick-me-up with tea or coffee."

Stella's wheat-free Banana Bread



            1/2 cup soft butter

            1 cup or less brown sugar

            2 eggs, beaten

            2 cups SPELT flour

            1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking soda

            1/2 or less teaspoon of salt

            2 or 3 ripe bananas, mashed
            1 teaspoon of homemade vanilla extract. (1 vanilla pod soaked in a small jar of soju)



Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Cream butter and sugar; add eggs and beat well. Add dry ingredients and finally bananas. Mix well. Bake in three 3x5 " loaf pans or in one 5x9" loaf pan, well-greased. Bake for one hour or until toothpick comes out clean. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment